Wednesday, November 21, 2012

TLR3 Signalling and Related Pathways

Dear Daman and Stephen,
Thanks for your replies.
 
Daman - I guess there is a reason why patients with TLR deficiency tend to present with HSV rather than other herpesviruses - I must say that you are probably better read up on this than me. But if anyone has a suggestion as to what might be common, it would be welcome. It could be pure coincidence that they are both herpesviruses rather than other opportunistic infections, but it is intriguing...
 
Stephen - He did have EBV NA IgG detected - so I guess it may be reactivation. Unfortunately they did not do any IgM serology at the time (lymphadenopathy occurred back in September) and it may be a bit late now. He had a BM biopsy yesterday and we are waiting for the result.
 
I'll let you know if anything eventuates.
 
Regards,
Catherine